Latino Environmental Justice Leadership Along Industrial Waterways
Date / Time
November 7, 2023
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The Freshwater Lab and the UIC Great Cities Institute are co-hosting “Latino Environmental Justice Leadership Along Industrial Waterways,” an event featuring several prominent environmental justice leaders from Chicago and Joliet:
- Olga Bautista, Executive Director, Southeast Environmental Task Force.
- Alfredo Romo, Executive Director, Neighbors for Environmental Justice.
- Amy Sanchez, Program Director, Warehouse Workers for Justice.
- José Miguel Acosta Córdova, Senior Transportation Policy Analyst, Little Village Environmental Justice Organization.
- Rose Gomez, ISFA Grassroots Organizer, Pilsen Environmental Rights and Reform Organization.
We would like to invite all who are interested to join us to hear more from these speakers about environmental justice issues/actions in Chicago and the Greater Chicagoland area.